Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bartertown

 Bartertown Diner, 6 Jefferson Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49503



This (mostly) vegan diner was opened since I've left Grand Rapids. But last week I was introduced and swept off my feet. Bartertown Diner is a worker owned and operated business that relies heavily on local produce, changing their menu when the season requires.  They have impressive environmentally sustainable practices. Check out this video. and you will be amazed to discover the restaurant is is virtually waste-free. And did I mention their food is awesome?

Bartertown Diner is mostly vegan with many raw options, Try the pizza of the day, always changing, always vegan, and always worth it.


I also tried the Parsnip Ribwich with baked beans and was very pleased. But you cannot leave without dessert. Roc's cupcakes look delicious and have great reviews. I will have to go back to try each and every one.


But I was so taken with the raw chocolate "cheese"cake at lunch that I had to get it again at dinner. I am extremely picky about desserts and unfairly skeptical about raw food, and I was (almost) licking my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis