Thursday, June 14, 2012

no bake oatmeal raisin cookie bites

The other day I had walnuts soaking overnight for a raw "tuna" salad but the next morning I just wasn't in the mood. I wanted something sweet. I scanned through my pantry, trying to figure out what ingredients I could throw together to get my sweet fix and ta da! the No Bake Cookie Bites were born.

No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bites
gluten-free, sugar-free, and soy-free
makes 12

1 cup soaked walnuts
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup oats, 1/2 ground together
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp raisins
In a food processor mix together dates, walnuts, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla until it is a fairly smooth paste. Add 1/4 cup oats and blend into the mixture. Remove dough from food processor and place in a medium sized bowl. Fold in the remaining oats and raisins. 

Scoop dough into 2 Tbsp sized pieces and roll into balls. Allow cookie bites to set up in the refrigerator for an hour. Store in fridge.

Enjoy!

I'll be experimenting with a lot of flavor combinations. These cookies are so easy, good, and healthy! Next up...Peanut Butter Cookie Bites. 

What is your favorite kind of cookie?

2 comments:

  1. these look delicious! oatmeal raisin was always my favorite cookie. i'll have to try your raw version for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should try. I would love to hear what you think.

      Delete

ShareThis