Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crate Full of Veggies - week five

Happy Wednesday! I hope you all got a chance to try some new seasonal recipes this week. I enjoyed experimenting with some new foods as well as loving on the old.

My crate full of veggies
Strawberries and Marionberries
Romaine Lettuce
Arugula and Mustard Greens
Chard
Kale
Potatoes
Onions
Summer Squash
Zucchini
Lavender
Broccoli 
Cauliflower
Sugar and Snap Peas
Carrots
Marionberries, Lavender
Lavender Marionberry Pie
In honor of National Pie Week I enjoyed this Marionberry Pie which quickly became a big hit. Who doesn't want an individual pie served up in a mason jar?

Romaine Lettuce
Caesar Salad
I got into these (totally processed) vegan "chicken breasts" when I was pregnant and every once in awhile still get a craving.

Chard, Onions
Mushroom and Swiss Chard "Frittata"
This may have been the best frittata I have ever made. I changed my technique a little and the result: a melt in your mouth, savory, and surprisingly egg-like" frittata. Check out the recipe. 

Potatoes, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Onions
Cauliflower Broccoli Potato Hash
 Carrots, Summer Squash
Eden's first meals
In preparation for Eden turning 6 months (yikes!) I have been boiling, pureeing, and freezing some of the organic vegetables coming to us from the farm.

Kale, Mustard Greens, Arugula
Sauteed Greens and Tofu over Lentils with Mustard Tahini Sauce
Strawberries
Chocolate Strawberry Protein Smoothies
I drank these smoothies a lot when I was pregnant; a great way to begin the day with some chocolate and protein. Although with fresh Oregon Strawberries they are one million times better.

Zucchini
Chocolate Espresso Zucchini Cake
I made this cake again tonight at my parents house for Family Dinner. I added more zucchini, cut the oil in half, and tweaked a few more things. They turned into fudgy, chocolatey, heavenly brownies.

I ended the week with my snap and sugar peas, which I blanched and froze. Here's a tutorial for freezing sweet peas, a similar process to the snap and sugar peas (without the shelling).

There you have it. What seasonal dishes did you try this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis