Friday, June 22, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Creamsicles


One of the best thing about living in Oregon is the fresh and local strawberries. And then of course there are the hazelnuts. Oh and the coffee. And the mountains. The coast. The gorge. And of course Portland's naked bike ride.  Let me rephrase: there are so many great things about living in Oregon, among which are the fresh, local strawberries. If you have been following me over the past week, you already know that I have an abundance of strawberries and yesterday in between consoling, playing, and feeding my daughter, I de-stemed, washed, and froze bags and bags of berries. In the process I got hungry and paused to whip up a batch of Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Creamsicles. Thanks goodness I did!

You ready for an incredible easy yet fantastic summer dessert?

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Creamsicles
makes about 10 creamsicles

2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
1 can full fat coconut milk
1-2 tbsp agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract

12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
3 tbsp coconut oil



In a food processor, blend together strawberries until smooth. Add coconut milk, agave nectar, and vanilla and process until combined. Pour into popsicle molds and place in freezer until frozen all the way through. 

Combine chocolate and coconut oil and melt in a microwave or double boiler.

Prepare a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or waxed paper. Dip frozen creamsicles into melted chocolate and set on cookie sheet. Return to freezer for a couple minutes. Enjoy!


Hope you all have a wonderful summer weekend! Get excited for next week; The Sweet Life is having it's very first giveaway!


20 comments:

  1. These look wonderful! What a fantastic idea, dipping popsicles in chocolate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I make an effort to dip as many things in chocolate as possible.

      Delete
  2. These look delicious! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are very easy to make too! I hope you try them.

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty! I love that they're like a chocolate covered strawberry in popsicle form. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That was kinda what I had in mind.

      Delete
  4. I saw this the other day and knew I had to make it soon but I just realized your recipe says 1 can coconut milk. What size can are you referring to? The size of can might be different in my country. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're gonna try it! I used a 14 fluid ounce can, but it doesn't have to be exact. You can kind of adjust it to taste.

      Delete
  5. I clicked through to this praying that there would be a recipe for the strawberry creamsicle and YES! So excited thanks, these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So yummy and tempting.. Nice clicks
    Veena of Great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these for my kids and I am now the best mom in the world. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your kids loved them! I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to enjoy my treats!

      Delete
  8. Is it possible to use regular milk instead of coconut milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would want to use something richer and higher in fat than plain milk to get the same creaminess. If you're talking about cows milk you would probably want to use cream, 1/2&1/2 or at least whole milk

      Delete
  9. Hi,love your recipes! I was wondering if I could use raw honey in place of the agave nectar or would it change the texture as I've had this happen in the past! Thank you for your time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would change the texture. If anything it would make the creamsicle a little thicker which wouldn't be a bad thing. If you try it let me know what you think.

      Delete
  10. SWEET MAAMAJAMA. We just had some versions of these over at Kevin and Christina's and wow were they good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made these they are awesome my whole family enjoyed them. Anyone know the calorie count?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis